This policy responds to the priority objective of promoting cultural diversity that France has set itself and allows for a lasting constitution of exchanges between high-level French and foreign professionals in order to maintain a network of professionals close to France and initiate cooperation projects.
1. Presentation of the Hosting Programs for Foreign Cultural Professionals
The program offer is placed under a common label: “Currents of the world” and is available in the following three categories:
- The “Culture Trail” program: thematic collective seminar (15 days)
- The “Culture Stay” program: a semi-individualized program aimed at supporting the implementation of a concrete project (5 to 15 days)
- The “Culture residency” program: individual immersion program in a cultural structure or a local authority (1 to 3 months)
2. 2020 programming
2.1 “Cultural itinerary”:
- For Spanish speaking professionals: a seminar organized from June 8 to 19, 2020 (application deadline: February 14, 2020) on the subject “Cultural structures at the service of territorial development”.
- For English speaking professionals: a seminar organized from June 8 to 19, 2019 (application deadline: February 14, 2020) on the subject “What digital strategy for a cultural structure”.
- For French speaking professionals: three seminars organized from October 12 to 23, 2020 (registration deadline: May 15, 2020)
- Culture and youth in Africa
- Development of audiences in cultural structures
- Library seminar (to be specified).
2.2 “Cultural stay”:
- For English speaking professionals, stays will take place from May 11 to 20, 2020 (application deadline: February 14, 2020).
- For French speaking professionals, stays will take place from November 16 to 26, 2020 (registration deadline: May 15, 2020).
2.3 “Cultural residence”:
Internships can take place throughout the year depending on the availability of the host structure (registrations closed for the year 2020).
Call for applications and detailed presentation sheets for each program, specifying their content, objectives and the desired profile of participants, will be distributed for each call for applications.
3. Procedures for submitting applications and support for foreign professionals
The application files can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Culture (www.culturecommunication.gouv.fr/Thematiques/Europe-et-international/Accueil-et-formation), must be completed by the candidates and validated (with detailed opinion) by the French Embassy or Institute in the country of residence of each candidate.
The deadline for the return of applications is set according to each program as indicated above.
The Ministry of Culture covers the costs of the applicants’ stay in France (accommodation and meals), internal travel and teaching costs. The transport to France will be the responsibility of the candidates, their employers or other partners.
The Ministry of Culture is currently considering the dematerialization of the application procedure from 2021.
4. Animation of the network of former students of the reception programs of the Ministry of Culture
The Ministry of Culture is particularly attentive to the monitoring of foreign professionals who have benefited from these programs. An alumni platform was launched in December 2018.
In the future, each participant will be given access codes to this platform upon arrival in France.
The Ministry of Culture invites the French Posts and Institutes which wish to promote, at the national level, the networks of foreign cultural professionals hosted in France, with their essential support, to approach it. The animation by the Ministry of Culture of this network, on an international scale, can usefully be supplemented by specific support for positions and / or monitoring of these professionals in existing France Clubs (or similar initiatives).
Cooperation and Cultural Affairs, the French Institutes and the Alliances Françaises can contact the General Secretariat of the Ministry of Culture at the following address: [email protected], for any questions about the hosting and training of foreign professionals or go through project managers by geographical area, their usual contacts.
The Ministry of Culture once again thanks the Department and the network for cooperation and cultural action for the wide dissemination of this 2020 offer and the presentation of the candidacies they are prepared to make.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of the Embassy of France in Accra, Ghana.
Africanews provides APO Group content as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes.